4 years ago....
- I was still subbing, waiting on that teaching position
- Rebeka was a senior in high school
- Aaron was a freshman
- We (all four of us) were living in our little cottage in the big pine woods of Florida
- Johnmark was finishing up at BCF and still preaching
4 years later...
- I got that teaching job and then quit it this past May
- Rebeka is a senior in college
- Aaron is engaged and waiting to start his freshman year in college
- We (two empty-nesters) are living in a parsonage on Boone Mountain
- Johnmark is finishing up his masters at BCF and still preaching
Y'all there's so much more that's happened in the in-between, but who's got time for all that.
We're starting fresh.
I thought about changing the title of the blog, but anything witty and creative has escaped me. So the old title remains. That's ok, I suppose, because it all began with that anyway.
I changed the design and deleted all the old posts, well, because....ew! Who was I then? Surely I've grown some and grown up some since then.
4 goals of this blog...
- to share this crazy life of mine with all two, three, or four of you that are crazy enough to take the time and read about it
- to glorify the Lord with my words and thoughts
- to post at least once a week, maybe twice. Any more than that and y'all will run screaming.
- to capture my thoughts. Dang it! There's lots of good stuff rattling around up there, but I'm too lazy to write it down and when I get around to it, it's gone.
I do my best "writing" (in my head) while in the shower or in the bed. Y'all would be so impressed if I could actually capture those musings on paper.
I had so much good stuff I wanted to share tonight. I composed it all while showering. It was so good! Then I got caught up in the new design and trying to set it up on a mac and, well, you're left with these ramblings. Now, I'm sleepy, and there's the rub.
So happy reading, peeps. It can only get better. Right?